Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Liteon DX-20A4PU

Liteon DX-20A4PU: Effortless Disc Dubbing

Let’s imagine for one second that you have no idea how to operate a PC, but you have an urgent need to duplicate a CD/DVD, or even worse to backup data to a CD/DVD. If you were my mother you'd immediately call me begging for help while I'm on my way to bed (time difference). I would have to explain for at least an hour how to click the Windows Start button, and spend two more hours on opening Nero Xpress…

It seems that an engineer from LiteOn, after experiencing a similar experience, decided to take things into his own hands and build the the DX-20A4PU, an external USB 2.0 which has a DUB and FILE button. Upon opening, It automatically launches the appropriate burning software with a simple drag and drop method for the file function.

The DUB (dubbing) button will simply ask you to put a source CD/DVD in the drive (then create an ISO file), and ask for a blank CD/DVD to burn your data… Pretty straight forward and definitely the kind of burner I'm buying for parents!

Our DVD burner can toast DVD±R in 20x, DVD-RAM in 12x, and DVD±DL in 8x.

Source
Akihabaranews

No comments: