Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 TB NAS from IoData

A New Nas for Your Regza TV

I-O Data works closely in Japan with Toshiba to bring customers the ability of recording video on a NAS, and just released an upgraded “Black” version of their LANDISK Home 2TB in order to match the Regza TV. Compatible with the DLNA 1.5 guidelines and the DTCP-IP Ver 1.2 “DiXiM” our little 2TB NAS will offer you 1.5T of free space (RAID5).

If you liked what you've heard so far, allow me to spoil your fun with this friendly Toshiba product's drawbacks … Say goodbye to freedom and welcome DRM. This NAS adopts a proprietary file system which prevents you from using it with products other than Regza, and will cripple all your data with shiny DRM…

Now you have a choice... A white LANDISK Home 2TB free from any copy protection crap but won’t match the color of your TV, or a DRM crippled device which will match your TV nicely…

I personally made my choice since I own a LANDISK Home 2TB stuck to my DivX Box

Source
IoData

No comments: